Sunday 3 February 2019

So....Can I Do A Kondo?

I'm sure I'm not the only person who's become rather enamoured of Marie Kondo and her methods of tidying. As someone who is a hoarder of a quite impressive level, with the added bonus of autism messing with my executive function, the levels of clutter and general stuff in my house is rather overwhelming. So overwhelming in fact that I had no idea where to even begin despite getting angry and upset at the state of my house. 

I first became aware of KonMari when I read her first book about 3 years ago, I managed to fold my t-shirts, and that was about it. Whilst I thought the book had some good ideas, I wasn't completely convinced, feeling especially stressed by the "komono" category of miscellany - which is around 99% of the house! So when her series appeared on Netfix I didn't immediately bother watching, that's how convinced I was at the time that I was a lost cause! Well, now I've watched, and actually seeing her methods in action, on houses with just as much clutter as mine, has actually got me feeling inspired to give it a go, yep, really!


So, as blogging has helped in the past to keep me inspired and motivated, I figured I may as well document my progress like this. Right now I have faith in Marie Kondo, only time will tell if I still love her at the end of this, or if I end up sobbing and rocking in a nest of never-ending junk... 

No comments:

Post a Comment